Everything You Need to Know About Renting a Dumpster
Before you rent a dumpster for your renovation, restoration, or clean-up job, there are a few things you should know. For a full and detailed guide on everything you should know, download our guide; “Everything You Need to Know About Renting a Dumpster Bin”.
- Do your research on which company is right for you. Some important questions to ask may include:
- Confirm there are no hidden costs. You want to know up front exactly what you will be charged for. Some companies include charges such as fuel or distance surcharges, which may not be disclosed during an initial quote or order.
- Driveway protection. Ensure that the company takes measures to protect your driveway or job site. Dumpster bin rentals can become very heavy when filled with materials, so you want to ensure preventative measures will be taken to properly protect the property.
- Establish a time frame. Make sure you are asking when a bin rental can be delivered and picked up, to ensure this time frame aligns with your project's timeline. It is important to consider not only how soon a bin can be delivered, but also how responsible the company will be once you are ready for your bin to be removed. Ensure that you will not have a bin sitting in your driveway for longer than you would like it there.
- Get the right bin size. Having enough space for your contents is important! Where possible, it is beneficial to gather contents being disposed of into one area, to give yourself a better idea of what size bin you will need. If you are still unsure, any of our customer service representatives would be happy to help you decide. By providing a description of what type of materials you will be disposing of, our representative will be able to give a suggestion.
- Be aware of restricted items. We are not permitted to dispose of any hazardous or bio-hazardous materials (such as wet paint cans, propane tanks, car tires, motor oils or car batteries). Be sure that you have other means to dispose of these materials, such as resources listed here by the City of Toronto.
Give us a call toll-free today at 1-866-688-3510 to get your project started today!